An innovative service and residential community designed to reduce street homelessness in downtown San Diego
Name of grantee organization: PATH (People Assisting The Homeless)
PATH and Family Health Centers of San Diego have an integrated coordination model through Connections Housing to serve the needs of San Diegans who are homeless or unstably housed, HIV-positive, and living with co-occurring mental health or substance use disorders.
Project name: Connections Housing Downtown San Diego
PATH is Southern California’s leader in innovative approaches to ending homelessness, working in more than 60 cities throughout the region. Established in 1984, the organization works to address homelessness through a combination of services leading to housing, including rapid re-housing assistance, strategic street outreach, permanent supportive housing development, and supportive services for the most vulnerable populations. PATH has made a goal to help 3,000 people experiencing homelessness move into permanent homes over the next three years: 1,000 veterans, 1,000 families, and 1,000 chronically homeless individuals. It is the building operator and lead service provider for Connections Housing Downtown San Diego.
Connections Housing’s goal is to decrease homelessness in downtown San Diego. It saves lives and decreases costs to public systems by providing housing and wrap-around services. The building permanently houses 73 people, provides 134 interim beds, and has 16 private rooms where individuals with health conditions can stabilize their health.
Catchment Area: San Diego Downtown Homeless many who have high mental and medical needs.
Location: San Diego, CA
Partners and linkages:
- Building Owner & Developer: Affirmed Housing Group and PATH Ventures
- Overall Building & Services Operator: PATH San Diego
- Interim Housing Operator: Alpha Project
- Permanent Supportive Housing Operator: Solari Enterprises
- On-site Health Center: Family Health Centers of San Diego
PATH Depot Partners:
- 211 San Diego
- Alpha Project for the Homeless
- Community Research Foundation (CRF)
- County of San Diego Behavioral Health Services
- Courage to Call (via MHS)
- Downtown Fellowship of Churches & Ministries
- Downtown San Diego Partnership, Clean & Safe
- Dreams for Change
- Episcopal Community Services, Friend to Friend Program
- Fit Natural Foods
- Girls Think Tank
- Junior League of San Diego
- Legal Aid of San Diego
- McAlister Institute
- Mental Health Systems, Inc. (MHS)
- North Central Mental Health Services
- Our Faith Matters
- Pathfinders of San Diego (Recovery Program)
- Recovery Innovations California (RICA)
- San Diego Clean Slate Legal Clinic
- San DIego Police Department - Homeless Outreach Team (HOT)
- Senior Community Centers
- St. Vincent de Paul Village
- UCSD Community Health Program
- Urban Angels
- U.S. Department of Labor, Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program
- VA San Diego Healthcare System
- Veterans Village of San Diego
- Volunteers of America
- Strategic Outreach: Engaging the most vulnerable individuals on the streets and connecting them to housing and services.
- 73 permanent supportive housing units
- 16 single-room occupancy units for people with special needs
- 134 interim beds
- PATH Depot: A one-stop service center bringing together over 30 supportive service providers in one location to help residents address their barriers and achieve long-term stability.
- Downtown Family Health Center: 8,000 square foot community health center providing comprehensive medical and mental health care services to everyone, with a special commitment to people who are homeless, low income, uninsured and the medically underserved.
San Diego staff includes:
1 Associate Director
3 Residential Service Coordinators
1 Care Navigator/ Lead Case Manager
1 AD of Employment
2 Employment Coordinators (HVRP Program)
2 Outreach Workers (Rotating support staff from LA)
Receptionist/ Client Relations Coordinator
Consumers work with their assigned Residential Services Coordinators or Care Navigators to identify personal goals, and steps needed to achieve those goals, in the form of an Individual Service Plan. Consumers work with Navigators to follow through on referrals and appointments related to their goals, and meet their individualized needs.
Katie Hill, Managing Director
April Joy Galka, Associate Director
1250 6th Avenue, A street Entrance
San Diego, CA 92101
(323)644-2229 or (619) 810-8606